Creating Confident Smiles With Invisalign For Teens
How Does Invisalign For Teens Work?
Invisalign is a system for gradually straightening teeth that uses clear, removable aligners. The aligners are made of a strong plastic that is designed for durability and comfort and is almost invisible when worn. Each set of aligners is made to fit the teeth perfectly and gradually move them into the right place.
Invisalign is a great option for teens who don’t want to wear metal braces because they make them feel self-conscious. The aligners can also be taken out, so you can eat, drink, brush, and floss your teeth without having to worry about them getting in the way. The best part is that treatment with Invisalign usually takes about as long as treatment with traditional braces.
Treatment with Invisalign starts with a visit to Lanier Orthodontics, where Dr. Gass will evaluate your oral health to see if you are a good candidate. If you are a good candidate for Invisalign, impressions of your teeth will be used to make a digital 3D model of your smile. This model is used to make your personalized treatment plan, which will be used to make your aligners. As your Invisalign professional, Dr. Gass will help determine how often you need to wear and change out your aligners. One major perk of Invisalign is that as you go through your treatment plan, you will be able to see your smile progressing towards the end result. After your treatment, you’ll need to wear a retainer to keep your new smile in alignment. Once treatment is completed, our team will walk you through this portion and give specific instructions on how to best maintain the proper alignment.
A Platinum Invisalign Provider In Dawsonville, GA
If you would like to find out more about Invisalign for teens or set up a consultation, please call our office right away. Our team at Lanier Orthodontics would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you get started on your way to a straighter smile.
Why Teens Love Invisalign
Invisalign is not just for adults. In the past few years, teens have been using Invisalign clear aligners more and more. It’s easy to see why:
- They are almost invisible, so you don’t have to worry about how you look when wearing them.
- They’re usually more comfortable than metal braces and won’t hurt or irritate your mouth.
- They can be taken out, so your teen can do things like brush and floss their teeth or take them out for special occasions or sports activities.
Teens who want to straighten their teeth without a lot of hassle can use Invisalign.
Protecting Your Invisalign
As a teenager, you already have a lot to keep track of, like schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and social life. So it’s easy to see why you might sometimes forget to care for your clear aligners. But it’s important to remember that caring for your aligners is important in keeping your teeth healthy. Here are some ways to keep your clear aligners from getting broken:
- Brush your teeth every time before you put your aligners in. This will help get rid of any harmful food particles or plaque.
- Watch out when you eat. To avoid damage or stains, it’s best to take them off before eating.
- Brush them gently with a toothbrush and warm water to keep them clean.
- When you’re not wearing them, put the aligners somewhere safe. A case is the best choice.
By doing these things, you can keep your aligners in good shape and ensure that your smile looks its best.